Sunday, April 29, 2007

Summer of '69...er, 2006.

Right now, I would like to fill up some space by showing some peices ether won't fit into a character design or storyboard portfolio. I feel it is also a good time to show off a few proud older peices so that everything onward is brand-spanking new.




The first few come from the summer of 2006. First is a acrylic painted caricature I did of Andy Warhol.










Next is a pen and ink editorial illustration I did for a story regarding the legacy of Christopher Columbus. I thought it would be interesting to have him stand judgement in front of Saint Peter, with a little nod to Gustave Dore's illustrations to Dante's "The Divine Comedy".




The third is a poster design for Anton Chekhov's play "The Seagull". It almost got the honor of being the offical poster for Cal State Fullerton's Fall Production of said play, but alas it fell just a little short. Maybe if I didn't do the text by hand...ah, the road left untraveled. Still, I'm honored it was even considered, and I thank Larry Johnson for encouraging me to put in the extra effort to give it a running chance.










1 comment:

Pink MonkeyWorks said...

this seagull piece was shown by Larry as an example on my class.... good job Gil! and I could recognize from the woman silhouette too that it's your piece